Pages

Tuesday 1 October 2013

Week 1 and 2 weigh in



Height: 168cm
Starting weight: 80kg
BMI: 28.3 (overweight, normal is 18.5–24.9)

Week 1: 79kg

Week 2: 78.9kg

 







I was very strict in week 1 and this yielded great results. I stuck closely to my allocated points and exercised 5 out of the 7 days, a mixture of at-home taebo and a 7km walk for World Rhino Day. It was so rewarding to see that the formula works! Healthy eating + exercise = weightloss. It really is that simple.

My sister came to stay with me in week 2. She is also on Weight Watchers which helped me to stay focussed, but the change in routine led both of us to have a not-so-healthy week. I was expecting to stay the same, if not put on a bit, which is why I am disproportionately happy with a 100g weight loss.

I say I have had an unhealthy week, but what is so nice is the difference in how I categorise unhealthy now versus before. I felt like I had cheated last week after eating 6 blocks of chocolate (3.5 points) and popcorn on the same day. In the past, it wasn’t often I went a day without chocolate, and a bad day would be a whole slab. The scaled down treats means I am satisfied with much smaller portions sweet things, because when I take the points into consideration, 3.5 is quite a lot.

Frankenstein Food
Usually, this refers to genetically modified foods, but Frankenstein Food means something different for Weight Watchers people. Frankenstein Food is the evil food which triggers you to overindulge and turns you into and irrational face-stuffing food monster. Mine is undoubtedly chocolate.

Yes, this is a chocolate Frankenstein head.
If I ate it, I wonder if that would be considered cannibalism?
I am capable of keeping a full, wrapper-protected slab in my cupboard for an indefinite amount of time. I’m not denying I will be tempted, but I’m able to resist its sugary charms. It’s better for me to not eat chocolate at all than lie to myself that I will just have “some”. Once the wrapper seal is broken, I go all or nothing on that dairy product.

I read about one woman who said her trigger food was Provitas. Bitch, please.What, do the Provitas set you off into a Frankenstein rage and after which you overindulge in Broccoli? I wish MY trigger food could be rectangular-shaped slices of fibrey goodness!

No comments:

Post a Comment