Pages

Wednesday 2 October 2013

Goals and the long term plan



Realistically, losing 1 pound (roughly 500g) per week is reasonable, but 1kg a week would be even better. I have done it once, and I can do it again but I do not want to raise my expectations too much. It is a slow and gradual process.

This is a long-term plan, and if I want to reach my goal of 68kg healthily then it will take many months of hard work and careful eating. If I lose 500g on average per week, then it will take me 22 more weeks to reach my goal weight.

The end of this year, 31 December, is 13.5 weeks away. I am hoping to weigh 73kg by then.

Ideally, by March 2014 I should reach my goal weight. This is 6 months away.

Of course, I need to account for inevitable weight plateaus and bad weeks. I know my 3-month long Christmas vac is going to be a huge challenge, with all the food and general laziness that is so wonderful at that time.

I will be going for fitness and body-fat percentage assessments during my December vacation which I can repeat in July next year. This will be fantastic motivation and will allow me to see how far I have come in other ways besides weight loss. I am taking a holistic approach, and fitness (not weight loss) is at the top of my agenda. Weight loss will be a convenient side effect to improving my body's capabilities and general quality of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment